If you have been injured in an accident on one of Maryland’s interstate highways by a negligent driver, you may want to contact a motor vehicle accident lawyer College Park MD drivers have turned to for legal representation. The legal team of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. has helped thousands of personal injury victims receive maximum settlements from accidents that were not their fault.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INTERSTATE HIGHWAY ACCIDENTS
Motor vehicle accidents can be life changing events that can yield devastating medical costs if you aren’t compensated by the at-fault driver. An experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer College Park MD has to offer may be able to help you recover your damages and pay your medical bills as well as other accident related costs. Our attorneys at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. offer a free initial consultation where they can review your case.
COMMON CAUSES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY ACCIDENTS
A motor vehicle accident lawyer College Park MD victims turn to can investigate an accident and recreate the events, if necessary, to determine its cause. By proving the negligence of the other driver, he or she can be held responsible for any and all damages they caused. Some of the most common causes are:
- Drivers speeding. A 2012 Traffic Safety Culture Index from the American Automobile Association determined that 49.3 percent of US drivers drove at least 15 mph over the speed limit on freeways.
- Driver distraction. Distractions can include anything from using a cell phone to eating to grooming while driving. Even distractions lasting five seconds while traveling at interstate highway speeds can cause serious injuries or fatalities if it results in a motor vehicle accident. A motor vehicle accident lawyer College Park MD has to offer can review witness testimony, cell phone records, and other documentation to determine how the driver was distracted.
- Driver fatigue. Drivers who nod off behind the wheel or who are not fully aware while driving due to fatigue can cause serious accidents at any speed. At higher speeds, the likelihood of an accident increases. A motor vehicle accident lawyer in College Park MD can very often prove how the at-fault driver was negligent.
- Drivers tailgating. At interstate highway speeds, tailgating can make it impossible to stop or slow in time. The number of rear end collisions increases significantly when drivers travel too closely together and can’t adjust to the conditions in a timely manner.
- Driver aggression. Driving between interstate highway lanes or on shoulders is an open invitation to disaster. Unsafe passing, weaving in and out of cars, and other aggressive maneuvers can also lead to accidents.
A College Park MD Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Who Works Hard for Justice
Interstate highway accidents often cause serious if not fatal injuries. The negligent driver should be held accountable. If you or a loved one is in need of a motor vehicle accident lawyer College Park MD is proud to call their own, contact us at Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today.