A reckless driver can cause victims serious and sometimes fatal injuries that may require the help of a top motor vehicle accident lawyer District Heights MD has to offer in order to recover damages. At Cohen and Cohen, P.C., our attorneys have helped many victims of personal injury accidents receive compensation from negligent drivers. Our legal team works hard to resolve cases quickly and effectively so that our clients can pay medical bills without delay and receive the treatments they need.
When you want a motor vehicle accident lawyer District Heights MD drivers respect, contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. We provide no cost initial consultations during which one of our attorneys can review your personal injury case.
What is considered reckless driving?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration considers reckless driving to be aggressive driving and is when a driver commits a number of moving traffic offenses that “endanger other persons or property.” A motor vehicle accident lawyer in District Heights MD can determine in what ways the at-fault driver in your case was reckless, including, but not limited to:
- Disregarding stop signs or red lights
- Driving too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Driving more than 20 mph over the speed limit
- Not yielding the right of way to another vehicle or a pedestrian
- Passing on the right of a vehicle on a one-lane road
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Making an illegal U-turn or making a U-turn in unsafe conditions
- Tailgating another vehicle
- Intentionally causing a vehicle to go airborne by speeding over a road incline
- Distracted driving
- Drugged or drunk driving
Reckless Driving Accidents that Involve Pedestrians
Pedestrians are all too often victims of accidents by reckless drivers, especially in cities and in larger areas such as District Heights, Maryland. All too often fatal crashes involving pedestrians occur when a driver does not yield the right of way. A failure to yield can cause very serious injuries as well as death. When an injury is permanent despite the best medical treatment available, a motor vehicle accident lawyer District Heights MD drivers turn to for help may be able to recover damages for lifelong pain and suffering.
Compensation for Personal Injuries Suffered from Reckless Driving Accidents
When a driver is held responsible for reckless or aggressive driving, they can also be considered responsible for any consequences as a result of their actions. This means that the victim may be able to seek compensation for any damages resulting from the accident. This may include their medical bills, pain and suffering, and other costs. The victim may also be entitled to compensation for vehicle repairs or replacement and any additional property damage they sustained. A motor vehicle accident lawyer District Heights MD is proud to call their own can assess your situation and make a full determination as to what you are owed. Victims may also be compensated for any of the following as it applies:
- Lost wages from the time of the accident into the future if due to an injury caused by the reckless driver
- Pain and suffering
- Any related medical bills including treatment, rehabilitation, and physical as well as psychological therapy
Compensation for scarring or disfigurement
If the reckless driver causes a fatality, the victim’s designated family member may be able to claim damages for the loss of their loved one. This can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical treatments for the victim
- Loss of wages and benefits from the moment of the accident into the future
- Any accident related costs to the victim or their family
A District Heights MD Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Who Works Hard for Victims’ Rights
If you or a loved one were the victim of a vehicle accident caused by a reckless driver, contact the legal firm of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. immediately. Our legal team can help you recover damages before the statute of limitations expires. When you need to turn to a motor vehicle accident lawyer District Heights MD residents call first, think of Cohen and Cohen, P.C.