If you were involved in a truck accident and suffered injuries, it may be wise to speak to a truck accident lawyer Baltimore MD respects. Your injuries can change your life in many ways, and you deserve to be compensated. An experienced truck accident lawyer may help you get justice.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident?
Filing a truck accident lawsuit can be more complex than filing a regular vehicle accident claim. Due to their significant size, trucks can cause greater damage to cars and people. There are also several parties who may become involved in your lawsuit
- Truck Driver: A number of a factors can cause a trucker driver to hit another vehicle. He or she could be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or speeding at the time of the accident. The driver may have also been fatigued from spending too many hours on the road, or may have failed to properly inspect the truck. If the truck driver is found negligent in any way, you have a right to sue him or her for the damages you suffered.
- Trucking Company: The trucking company that employs the truck driver may also be held liable. For example, if the trucking company provided inadequate training for the driver, or didn’t properly repair the vehicles, it could be held responsible for the accident.
- Insurance Company: Trucking companies are required to carry higher insurance amounts than regular vehicles because the damage from truck accidents can be so great. If you suffered serious injuries from the accident, you may be able to sue the insurance company directly.
An experienced truck accident lawyer Baltimore MD drivers hire may identify all the parties responsible for the truck accident and maximize the compensation you receive.
How Much is Truck Accident Claim Worth?
The amount of money you are entitled to receive from a truck accident claim depends on several factors, including:
- The cost of your medical bills
- The severity of your injuries
- Loss of income from missing work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
A reputable truck accident lawyer Baltimore MD counts on may investigate your claim and estimate the amount of compensation you may expect to receive. Be sure to bring every piece of evidence you have during your initial consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Baltimore MD.
Is It Best to Settle a Truck Accident Claim Quickly?
While you may want to get the legal process over with as fast as possible, it may not be in your best interest to do so. If the insurance company wants to settle quickly, it usually means that it wants to give you as little money as possible for your claim. That’s why working with an experienced truck accident lawyer Baltimore MD holds in high regard could be so important.
A Baltimore MD truck accident lawyer may know how much your injury is worth, and may help you see how it may affect your life in the future.
If you are looking for a truck accident lawyer Baltimore MD offers, contact Cohen and Cohen, P.C. today at (202) 999-3284.